Use your Hilton Honors points to drive an Aston Martin
Hilton offers loyalists a wide variety of options to redeem their Hilton Honors points on — from private concerts to exclusive culinary experiences, and now the opportunity to drive a luxury sports car while staying at a glamorous Waldorf Astoria property. All of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences are redeemable via points, making them much more attainable for the savvy traveler.
Currently, Hilton Honors members can bid on the opportunity to stay at the brand’s newest Waldorf Astoria’s properties — The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead and The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas — and drive an Aston Martin. The bidding for this luxurious experience is starting at 102,000 Honors points, but the experience will go to the highest bidder.
The bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas driving experience has already closed and ultimately went for 170,000 Honors points, which TPG values at $1,020. When you compare that to how much it will cost you in cash, which is $5,750, that’s quite the steal.
However, the bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead driving experience is still running and is currently starting at 102,000 Honors points. The auction will close on Oct. 2, 2019 and the dates for the stay and drive are Oct. 12-13. This is what you’ll get if you’re the highest bidder:
- Two nights in a Buckhead Private Terrace room or Buckhead One Bedroom Suite
- 60-minute Aston Martin driving experience for one
- $150 hotel credit (can be applied towards spa services or food and beverage)
- Complimentary Premium Wi-Fi
- Complimentary 1:00 PM late check out
The Aston Martin and Hilton partnership isn’t new, in fact, it launched globally in 2018. This is the first time that the experience has been offered via Hilton Experiences, but guests at various Waldorf Astoria’s across the globe are given the opportunity to book a drive complimentary when they stay at locations in Edinburgh, Dubai, Atlanta, Palm Springs, Las Vegas and Shanghai.
Featured photo by John Warburton-Lee/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.