Use your Hilton Honors points to drive an Aston Martin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton offers loyalists a wide variety of options to redeem their Hilton Honors points on — from private concerts to exclusive culinary experiences, and now the opportunity to drive a luxury sports car while staying at a glamorous Waldorf Astoria property. All of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences are redeemable via points, making them much more attainable for the savvy traveler.
Currently, Hilton Honors members can bid on the opportunity to stay at the brand’s newest Waldorf Astoria’s properties — The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead and The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas — and drive an Aston Martin. The bidding for this luxurious experience is starting at 102,000 Honors points, but the experience will go to the highest bidder.
The bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas driving experience has already closed and ultimately went for 170,000 Honors points, which TPG values at $1,020. When you compare that to how much it will cost you in cash, which is $5,750, that’s quite the steal.
However, the bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead driving experience is still running and is currently starting at 102,000 Honors points. The auction will close on Oct. 2, 2019 and the dates for the stay and drive are Oct. 12-13. This is what you’ll get if you’re the highest bidder:
- Two nights in a Buckhead Private Terrace room or Buckhead One Bedroom Suite
- 60-minute Aston Martin driving experience for one
- $150 hotel credit (can be applied towards spa services or food and beverage)
- Complimentary Premium Wi-Fi
- Complimentary 1:00 PM late check out
The Aston Martin and Hilton partnership isn’t new, in fact, it launched globally in 2018. This is the first time that the experience has been offered via Hilton Experiences, but guests at various Waldorf Astoria’s across the globe are given the opportunity to book a drive complimentary when they stay at locations in Edinburgh, Dubai, Atlanta, Palm Springs, Las Vegas and Shanghai.
Featured photo by John Warburton-Lee/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees