This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a quick way to save a few bucks: Chase has sent out what appear to be targeted emails for select cardholders to earn a $5 statement credit after making a bill payment.
I received the offer on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card (via email) although no other TPG staffers saw the deal on any of their cards, so it appears to be a targeted offer.
I’ll earn a $5 statement credit after paying a utility, insurance, phone or cable bill with my Sapphire Card Preferred. I just have to pay one of these bills between May 13 and July 31, 2019. It may take eight weeks for the credit to show on your statement.
While it’s a small offer of just $5, it’s nice to see Chase offering credits for something that many people do already. Hopefully the issuer continues to send out these promos.
It complements Chase’s recently launched Chase Offers program, which provides cash back after swiping your card at participating retailers (and can still be stacked with shopping portals). We’ve seen savings at popular merchants like Starbucks, Airbnb, and Hyatt with the program.
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards