Use Your Chase Sapphire Preferred to Pay a Bill and Get $5 Statement Credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Preferred card
Here’s a quick way to save a few bucks: Chase has sent out what appear to be targeted emails for select cardholders to earn a $5 statement credit after making a bill payment.
I received the offer on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card (via email) although no other TPG staffers saw the deal on any of their cards, so it appears to be a targeted offer.
I’ll earn a $5 statement credit after paying a utility, insurance, phone or cable bill with my Sapphire Card Preferred. I just have to pay one of these bills between May 13 and July 31, 2019. It may take eight weeks for the credit to show on your statement.
While it’s a small offer of just $5, it’s nice to see Chase offering credits for something that many people do already. Hopefully the issuer continues to send out these promos.
It complements Chase’s recently launched Chase Offers program, which provides cash back after swiping your card at participating retailers (and can still be stacked with shopping portals). We’ve seen savings at popular merchants like Starbucks, Airbnb, and Hyatt with the program.
If you don’t already have the Sapphire Preferred, the card recently increased its sign-up bonus to 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.