What Is Usain Bolt Doing on a Plane With a Champagne Bottle?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What happens when you take the world’s fastest man, put him in an Airbus A310, remove any semblance of gravity and pit him in a race against a French astronaut? He wins, of course.
The 32-year-old Jamaican, famous for his stupefying speed on the ground, recently boarded a Zero-G aircraft to take part in what amounts to a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, Bolt did manage to outrun an astronaut on his turf and spent about four minutes in near-weightless conditions loving life above Reims, France.
The reason for the adventure? Showcasing a bottle of Champagne that will allow astronauts — and eventually space tourists — to enjoy some bubbly in space. The bottle was designed by Mumm, which hopes to latch onto the space tourism industry before it takes off.
H/T: The Globe and Mail
Featured image courtesy of Usain Bolt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.