This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What happens when you take the world’s fastest man, put him in an Airbus A310, remove any semblance of gravity and pit him in a race against a French astronaut? He wins, of course.
The 32-year-old Jamaican, famous for his stupefying speed on the ground, recently boarded a Zero-G aircraft to take part in what amounts to a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, Bolt did manage to outrun an astronaut on his turf and spent about four minutes in near-weightless conditions loving life above Reims, France.
The reason for the adventure? Showcasing a bottle of Champagne that will allow astronauts — and eventually space tourists — to enjoy some bubbly in space. The bottle was designed by Mumm, which hopes to latch onto the space tourism industry before it takes off.
H/T: The Globe and Mail
Featured image courtesy of Usain Bolt.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards