What Is Usain Bolt Doing on a Plane With a Champagne Bottle?
What happens when you take the world’s fastest man, put him in an Airbus A310, remove any semblance of gravity and pit him in a race against a French astronaut? He wins, of course.
The 32-year-old Jamaican, famous for his stupefying speed on the ground, recently boarded a Zero-G aircraft to take part in what amounts to a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, Bolt did manage to outrun an astronaut on his turf and spent about four minutes in near-weightless conditions loving life above Reims, France.
The reason for the adventure? Showcasing a bottle of Champagne that will allow astronauts — and eventually space tourists — to enjoy some bubbly in space. The bottle was designed by Mumm, which hopes to latch onto the space tourism industry before it takes off.
H/T: The Globe and Mail
Featured image courtesy of Usain Bolt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.