This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new fully equipped urgent care clinic will open in Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) on April 27. The USCare Urgent Care facility is geared toward treating patients as well as supplying select medical prescriptions on site.
Passengers can get walk-in medical services running the gamut from treating common ailments like allergies and ear infections to patient physicals and drug tests. The facility is even equipped to give X-rays.
For travelers in a time crunch, the facility offers a virtual care option. Travelers can be seen by a physician virtually through the USCareWays site, 24/7 and get select prescriptions in-person or delivered to them. If you’re already past security, your prescription can be delivered to you via the medication delivery service.
“We plan to be open seven days a week, from 8 (a.m.) to 8 (p.m.),” said Dr. John Schufeldt, the CEO and medical director of U.S. CareWays. “We offer full-service urgent care, including medication dispensing, X-ray and lab (testing).”
Medical facilities are beginning to pop up in airports across the US. Last year, Code 3 Urgent Care opened a facility inside McCarran Airport (LAS) and in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW). Phoenix is one of the busiest airports in the US with more than 43 million passengers passing through its facilities in 2017, making this medical facility especially useful for its travelers. The PHX Urgent Care facility is set to open April 27 and is located in Terminal 4, inside Drugs & More near the B & C Gate Checkpoints.
Featured image by BrianAJackson via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards