Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Is Getting ‘Fully Equipped’ Urgent Care Facility
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new fully equipped urgent care clinic will open in Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) on April 27. The USCare Urgent Care facility is geared toward treating patients as well as supplying select medical prescriptions on site.
Passengers can get walk-in medical services running the gamut from treating common ailments like allergies and ear infections to patient physicals and drug tests. The facility is even equipped to give X-rays.
For travelers in a time crunch, the facility offers a virtual care option. Travelers can be seen by a physician virtually through the USCareWays site, 24/7 and get select prescriptions in-person or delivered to them. If you’re already past security, your prescription can be delivered to you via the medication delivery service.
“We plan to be open seven days a week, from 8 (a.m.) to 8 (p.m.),” said Dr. John Schufeldt, the CEO and medical director of U.S. CareWays. “We offer full-service urgent care, including medication dispensing, X-ray and lab (testing).”
Medical facilities are beginning to pop up in airports across the US. Last year, Code 3 Urgent Care opened a facility inside McCarran Airport (LAS) and in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW). Phoenix is one of the busiest airports in the US with more than 43 million passengers passing through its facilities in 2017, making this medical facility especially useful for its travelers. The PHX Urgent Care facility is set to open April 27 and is located in Terminal 4, inside Drugs & More near the B & C Gate Checkpoints.
Featured image by BrianAJackson via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.