This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new fully equipped urgent care clinic will open in Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) on April 27. The USCare Urgent Care facility is geared toward treating patients as well as supplying select medical prescriptions on site.
Passengers can get walk-in medical services running the gamut from treating common ailments like allergies and ear infections to patient physicals and drug tests. The facility is even equipped to give X-rays.
For travelers in a time crunch, the facility offers a virtual care option. Travelers can be seen by a physician virtually through the USCareWays site, 24/7 and get select prescriptions in-person or delivered to them. If you’re already past security, your prescription can be delivered to you via the medication delivery service.
“We plan to be open seven days a week, from 8 (a.m.) to 8 (p.m.),” said Dr. John Schufeldt, the CEO and medical director of U.S. CareWays. “We offer full-service urgent care, including medication dispensing, X-ray and lab (testing).”
Medical facilities are beginning to pop up in airports across the US. Last year, Code 3 Urgent Care opened a facility inside McCarran Airport (LAS) and in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW). Phoenix is one of the busiest airports in the US with more than 43 million passengers passing through its facilities in 2017, making this medical facility especially useful for its travelers. The PHX Urgent Care facility is set to open April 27 and is located in Terminal 4, inside Drugs & More near the B & C Gate Checkpoints.
Featured image by BrianAJackson via Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees