This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new fully equipped urgent care clinic will open in Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) on April 27. The USCare Urgent Care facility is geared toward treating patients as well as supplying select medical prescriptions on site.
Passengers can get walk-in medical services running the gamut from treating common ailments like allergies and ear infections to patient physicals and drug tests. The facility is even equipped to give X-rays.
For travelers in a time crunch, the facility offers a virtual care option. Travelers can be seen by a physician virtually through the USCareWays site, 24/7 and get select prescriptions in-person or delivered to them. If you’re already past security, your prescription can be delivered to you via the medication delivery service.
“We plan to be open seven days a week, from 8 (a.m.) to 8 (p.m.),” said Dr. John Schufeldt, the CEO and medical director of U.S. CareWays. “We offer full-service urgent care, including medication dispensing, X-ray and lab (testing).”
Medical facilities are beginning to pop up in airports across the US. Last year, Code 3 Urgent Care opened a facility inside McCarran Airport (LAS) and in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW). Phoenix is one of the busiest airports in the US with more than 43 million passengers passing through its facilities in 2017, making this medical facility especially useful for its travelers. The PHX Urgent Care facility is set to open April 27 and is located in Terminal 4, inside Drugs & More near the B & C Gate Checkpoints.
Featured image by BrianAJackson via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees