Up to 25% off Amazon Devices With Just One Amex Point
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amazon and American Express are back with another promotion where you can use just one Membership Rewards (MR) point for big savings. While this one isn’t as lucrative as past promotions that allow you to get discounts on nearly anything sold on the website, you can get up to 25% off an Amazon device after applying a single MR point to your order.
To take advantage of the promotion, you’ll first need to have a Membership Rewards earning card and then connect your Amex account to your Amazon account (only if you haven’t already done this). Qualified cards include The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and the American Express® Gold Card.
This is a targeted offer, so not every account may be eligible for the promo. You can click here to see if you’ve been targeted and to activate the deal. If you are, here are the terms and steps to complete:
- Click on the button corresponding to the below to activate this promotion credit and apply points to your next order. Note that you will NOT receive the credit unless you click on this button.
- Add one or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart.
- Your Membership Rewards points will be temporarily set as your payment method at checkout. To redeem this offer, you must pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points.
- Savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion credit.
Eligible items include Amazon Kindle e-readers and Fire TV devices — you’ll have to click the button “Click to Activate” under every item that you want to purchase with the deal. I added a Kindle that’s priced at $89.99, applied one MR point and received a 20% discount of $18.
Note that Amazon frequently puts its own devices on sale, so if you can stack this promotion with one of its sales, you’ll rack up even more savings. The Membership Rewards discount ends on June 21 or the time at which 57,000 offers have been redeemed — so it’s better to take advantage of this offer sooner rather than later.
Featured image by Adrian Hancu /Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.