United’s Rewarding Workaholics With Free Tickets to Tahiti
Americans are notoriously bad about taking advantage of their hard-earned vacation time. While the situation seems to be improving a bit, the majority of Americans continue to allow vacation time to go to waste — to the tune of 700,000,000 unused days — opting to put in extra time at work instead, according to a survey by Project: Time Off.
This fall, United Airlines is giving one lucky workaholic (and his or her guest) an incentive to actually take advantage of their vacay days, with an expenses-paid trip to Tahiti on the airline’s new seasonal 787-8 Dreamliner flight from San Francisco (SFO).
The grand-prize winner will receive:
- Two round-trip business-class tickets to Papeete (PPT)
- Three nights at the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort and Spa
- Two nights at the Intercontinental Moorea Resort and Spa
- Two nights at the Maitai Rangiroa
- Transportation between islands
- A $2,000 prepaid card
This isn’t your typical travel giveaway, though. You or someone else will need to submit a “nomination” in order to win. As United explains:
“To enter, simply identify someone who deserves the trip and time off — whether it’s someone who works 80-hour weeks, a stay-at-home parent, or someone working multiple jobs to make ends meet — and compose a 300-word submission on why they deserve the trip.”
You’ll need to submit your entry by 11:59pm Central Time on September 25 in order to be considered, and you can nominate yourself, according to the contest rules. Full prize details, along with terms and conditions, can be found right here.
Featured image courtesy of the Intercontinental Moorea Resort and Spa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
The United Explorer card offers 2 miles per dollar spent at restaurants and on hotel stays and a Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Fee credit (up to $100). The $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee Credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining and eligible delivery services