This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The day has finally come that we know when the United Polaris Lounge will open at Houston’s IAH airport! The lounge will open on June 29, 2018, but you can get into the lounge even earlier than that for just 2,500 United miles if you act quickly…
Ever since United announced their litany of Polaris upgrades to their premium cabin offerings I have been excited for a United Polaris Lounge to make its way to Houston. It has taken years longer than expected to get to this point, but there is a confirmed official opening date for the United Polaris IAH Lounge of June 29, 2018!
There are already United Polaris Lounges located in Chicago, San Francisco, and Newark, with the Newark and San Francisco lounges having just opened within the last six weeks. You can read all about the San Francisco United Polaris Lounge here, but if you are a Houston-based United traveler, you can see the brand new Houston Polaris Lounge first-hand if you act quickly.
United is hosting a United Polaris Lounge media preview day on June 26th, which I sadly probably can’t make as I am flying out of IAH earlier that morning. However, on June 27th, they will allow MileagePlus members to come and experience the lounge for the bargain price of 2,500 United miles per person via this MileagePlus Exclusives offering! This event is being held before the lounge even officially opens, so it is pretty unique access.
Based on reports from similar experiences at the San Francisco and Newark Polaris Lounges, those 2,500 miles to get into the pre-opening event are likely miles well-spent as you can not only check out the lounge before it opens, but enjoy samplings of the food and drink menu, too.
To access the United Polaris Lounges under normal circumstances, you must be flying on an eligible international United or Star Alliance business or first class tickets, so spending just 2,500 United miles is by far the least expensive route to get a taste of the lounge good life.
If you want to get in on this United Exclusives preview event, I would act quickly as some time slots are going fast. There are some additional slots for those who are United credit cardholders and United elites, so check those categories if you are eligible.
- 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- New! Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- New! Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- New! 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases