United Plane Skids off Taxiway in Denver
A United Airlines plane partially skidded off a runway at Denver International Airport (DEN) on Saturday night.
United flight 1941 from Tucson, Arizona (TUS), landed in Denver at 6:18pm, according to flight tracking site FlightRadar 24. The Boeing 737-800 “was taxiing when the aircraft partially went off the taxiway,” a spokesperson for the airline told TPG in an emailed statement. “There were no injuries reported and we have transported passengers from the aircraft to the airport terminal.”
The plane reportedly stopped in a grassy area just off the taxiway.
It was snowing in Denver at the time, but an airport spokesperson told the AP that the runways were clear at the time the United plane landed. The airport says that the incident is under investigation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.