United Plane Skids off Taxiway in Denver
A United Airlines plane partially skidded off a runway at Denver International Airport (DEN) on Saturday night.
United flight 1941 from Tucson, Arizona (TUS), landed in Denver at 6:18pm, according to flight tracking site FlightRadar 24. The Boeing 737-800 “was taxiing when the aircraft partially went off the taxiway,” a spokesperson for the airline told TPG in an emailed statement. “There were no injuries reported and we have transported passengers from the aircraft to the airport terminal.”
The plane reportedly stopped in a grassy area just off the taxiway.
It was snowing in Denver at the time, but an airport spokesperson told the AP that the runways were clear at the time the United plane landed. The airport says that the incident is under investigation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.