1 Injured in Collision Between United Regional Jet and Ground Catering Truck at EWR
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A United Airlines regional jet backed into a catering truck at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) on Friday afternoon.
One woman, the driver of the food truck, was reportedly “slightly injured” when the two collided around 11:40am ET near Gate 26 at EWR’s Terminal A. According to NBC New York, the driver was transported to Beth Israel Hospital in Newark with an injured arm.
According to officials, the aircraft had 48 people on board when it was backing out of the gate and collided with the food truck. Passengers were returned to the gate and deplaned following the collision.
The aircraft involved in the incident, an Embraer E145 — registration N14568 — was operating as ExpressJet Airlines Flight 4080 to Richmond (RIC).
TPG reached out to United Airlines but did not hear back by time of publication.
The incident is reportedly under investigation by the FAA and United.
Featured image by Robert Alexander / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.