United Begins Selling Flights From Birthplace of Boeing’s 747
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Phoenix may have landed the top spot in our list of this year’s best airports, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the country’s most attractive. Come next year, that title could very well go to Washington’s new Paine Field (PAE) terminal, which will begin welcoming passengers when Alaska Airlines launches service on Feb. 11, 2019.
While PAE is hardly first to mind when passengers consider travel to or from the Seattle area, it’s certainly familiar to Boeing employees — and enthusiasts alike. Paine Field currently serves as a key assembly facility for Boeing 777s and 787 Dreamliners, alongside Charleston, South Carolina (CHS). It’s also home to the 747 program — Delta’s last 747-400 even made a stop there on last year’s farewell tour.
Now, in addition to a handful of daily flights from Alaska Airlines, United has begun selling tickets on its flights between PAE and Denver (DEN) and San Francisco (SFO). Denver will be a United exclusive, though SFO will have twice daily service from Alaska as well. Round-trip fares start at $182 to/from DEN, and $192 between Paine Field and SFO.
United’s PAE schedule will operate as follows:
Southwest was also expected to launch service from Paine Field, but the airline decided to scrap that plan earlier this year. Alaska quickly swooped in to snag Southwest’s gate slots, however, with additional frequencies to several West Coast destinations. United’s service will begin on March 31, 2019.
For more on what to expect at Paine Field, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees