United Begins Selling Flights From Birthplace of Boeing’s 747
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Phoenix may have landed the top spot in our list of this year’s best airports, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the country’s most attractive. Come next year, that title could very well go to Washington’s new Paine Field (PAE) terminal, which will begin welcoming passengers when Alaska Airlines launches service on Feb. 11, 2019.
While PAE is hardly first to mind when passengers consider travel to or from the Seattle area, it’s certainly familiar to Boeing employees — and enthusiasts alike. Paine Field currently serves as a key assembly facility for Boeing 777s and 787 Dreamliners, alongside Charleston, South Carolina (CHS). It’s also home to the 747 program — Delta’s last 747-400 even made a stop there on last year’s farewell tour.
Now, in addition to a handful of daily flights from Alaska Airlines, United has begun selling tickets on its flights between PAE and Denver (DEN) and San Francisco (SFO). Denver will be a United exclusive, though SFO will have twice daily service from Alaska as well. Round-trip fares start at $182 to/from DEN, and $192 between Paine Field and SFO.
United’s PAE schedule will operate as follows:
Southwest was also expected to launch service from Paine Field, but the airline decided to scrap that plan earlier this year. Alaska quickly swooped in to snag Southwest’s gate slots, however, with additional frequencies to several West Coast destinations. United’s service will begin on March 31, 2019.
For more on what to expect at Paine Field, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.