Redeem United MileagePlus miles for tickets to game 7 of the World Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tuesday night, on the strength of an incredible game from all-star pitcher Stephen Strasburg, the Washington Nationals beat the Houston Astros 7-2 to force a game seven in the World Series. The series is a best of seven, meaning that Wednesday night’s game in Houston will be winner-take-all. Tickets for this game are a hot commodity and quite pricey, but there’s another way to attend.
United is auctioning off two packages of two tickets to game seven at 7 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday in Houston. You can find the link to bid on these tickets here.
The first package, which is currently going for 52,000 miles, includes two mezzanine seats in section 252 in right field and one parking pass. You can also bid 95,000 miles (or more) for two suite tickets along the left field line and a parking pass. TPG values United miles at 1.3 cents each, making these packages worth $676 and $1,235 respectively — though they’ll be worth more when the bids continue to go up. If you’re short on United MileagePlus miles, you can transfer points instantly at a 1:1 ratio from Chase Ultimate Rewards to top up your balance.
The mezzanine ticket auction ends at 12 p.m. CST on Wednesday, Oct. 30, while the suite ticket auction runs until 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, giving the lucky winners enough time to make plans for the evening’s game. You can only bid in 1,000 mile increments, meaning the next bidder for the mezzanine ticket package would have to offer 53,000 miles.
Both the tickets and parking pass will be delivered digitally to the auction winner, and the tickets cannot be resold. Any attempt to transfer or sell these tickets may result in them being confiscated or cancelled. United is the official airline of the Houston Astros, with a major hub at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston (IAH) and several ads throughout the Astros stadium, Minute Maid Park.
Featured image by adamkatz / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.