This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To welcome in spring — although the weather might not seem like it in parts of the upper Midwest and Northeast — United is offering bonus miles for making purchases through the MileagePlus Shopping portal. With it, you can earn up to 1,000 bonus miles for your purchases, depending on how much you spend.
The promo begins Monday, April 16, and lasts through Sunday, April 29. Because it’s a tiered promotion, you’ll earn more miles for the more you’ll spend. Here’s how it breaks down:
- Earn 300 bonus miles after spending $150
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles after spending $350
The bonuses of 1,000 or 300 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. How much you’ll earn depends on your cumulative purchases during the promotional period. Meaning, you could make six purchases of $60 during the time and earn the 1,000 bonus miles for your $360 in purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn some bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards