This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hoping to book a trip to the mountains this summer? If a vacation in Aspen (ASE), Bozeman (BZN), Vail (EGE), Gunnison (GUC), Steamboat Springs (HDN), Jackson Hole (JAC) or Montrose (MTJ) sounds like your speed and you have some United miles (or Chase Ultimate Rewards points) to spare, you’re gonna want to check out UA’s latest MileagePlus sale.
Through May 21, the airline is offering up to 25% off round-trip award flights to the destinations above. You can begin your travel in any of the first 49 states (excluding Hawaii), but you’ll need to head to one of those specific airports in order to score the deal.
You can travel between June 9 and June 27, on any day of the week. The 25% discount applies for elite members and customers with a co-branded credit card, such as the United MileagePlus Explorer Card or United MileagePlus Club Card, with round-trip awards priced at 18,750 miles. Everyone else is eligible for a 20% discount, bringing the round-trip cost to 20,000 miles, instead. Only saver economy award flights are eligible.
Depending on where you’re flying from and to, booking one of these awards could definitely make sense.
In the example above, a round-trip award from New York to Jackson, Wyoming will run a cardholder or elite just 18,750 miles round-trip, plus $11.20. (Note that general members will be charged an additional fee of $75 if booking within 21 days of departure, while Silver elites pay $50 and Golds pay $25.)
These same flights will run you $704.60 round-trip if paying cash, a redemption worth nearly 3.7 cents per mile. That return drops to 3.3 cents if you’re stuck paying the $75 fee, but that’s still far more than TPG’s current valuations for United.
Although this sale only applies to travel dates in June, you’ll need to complete your booking by Monday, May 21. Head to United’s site and search as you normally would — assuming there’s saver availability, the discount should be reflected right away.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees