United Will Be Giving Out Free Goose Island Beer on Select Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United and Goose Island Brewing are partnering to offer a little something extra for passengers on March 12 (or, “312”). For those lucky enough to be in the air — and of legal drinking age, of course — free Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale will be available on select flights.
Goose Island is based out of Chicago and as such there are four flights departing Chicago O’Hare (ORD) on March 12 (312 being one the beer’s signature offerings) that will have the beverage available for free:
- Flight 369 to Los Angeles
- Flight 407 to Denver
- Flight 1083 to Houston
- Flight 743 to San Francisco
For passengers on the flight to Houston, the flight will be accompanied by a Goose Island brewer. The brewer, according to United, will give passengers a “full-fledged brewery experience at 30,000 feet.” The brewer will offer 312 beer, knowledge and swag for of-age customers, United told TPG via email.
Beer culture on planes is becoming more and more popular these days. There’s a beer-themed flight available for the true brew enthusiasts out there. And, Brussels Airlines has gone so far as to install a craft beer bar onboard its newly refitted A330 fleet. Just remember to drink responsibly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees