United Will Be Giving Out Free Goose Island Beer on Select Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United and Goose Island Brewing are partnering to offer a little something extra for passengers on March 12 (or, “312”). For those lucky enough to be in the air — and of legal drinking age, of course — free Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale will be available on select flights.
Goose Island is based out of Chicago and as such there are four flights departing Chicago O’Hare (ORD) on March 12 (312 being one the beer’s signature offerings) that will have the beverage available for free:
- Flight 369 to Los Angeles
- Flight 407 to Denver
- Flight 1083 to Houston
- Flight 743 to San Francisco
For passengers on the flight to Houston, the flight will be accompanied by a Goose Island brewer. The brewer, according to United, will give passengers a “full-fledged brewery experience at 30,000 feet.” The brewer will offer 312 beer, knowledge and swag for of-age customers, United told TPG via email.
Beer culture on planes is becoming more and more popular these days. There’s a beer-themed flight available for the true brew enthusiasts out there. And, Brussels Airlines has gone so far as to install a craft beer bar onboard its newly refitted A330 fleet. Just remember to drink responsibly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.