Earn up to a 60,000-mile bonus with the United Explorer Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This page is regularly updated with the current offer for the United Explorer Card. Keep in mind you may see some reader comments referring to older offers below.
Official application link: Apply for the United Explorer Card with a 60,000-mile bonus
The United Explorer Card, the primary personal cobranded airline credit card for United Airlines, has seen some improvements over the last couple of years, including the addition of a pair of popular bonus categories.
Currently, you can earn 60,000 United MileagePlus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months. Based on TPG’s most recent points and miles valuations, 60,000 miles are worth $780, which is a decent haul when it comes to cobranded airline credit cards. This offer ends April 2, 2020.
And the United Explorer Card packs quite a few valuable benefits for its $95 annual fee (which is also waived for the first year). The card’s bonus categories include 2x miles on United purchases, restaurants and hotel accommodations when booked directly with the hotel. Plus, you’ll receive an application-fee credit for either Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85) every four years, which helps offset the cost of the annual fee.
You’ll also get priority boarding on United flights, two one-time United Club passes per year and a 25% rebate on any inflight purchases (such as food or Wi-Fi). And, you can earn 500 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) for every $12,000 spent on the card, up to a maximum of 1,000 PQPs per calendar year, that can be applied up to Platinum status.
If you’re a regular United flyer and you could use the extra miles for an upcoming award trip, you may want to go ahead and grab the United Explorer Card now. If you’re interested, don’t forget to apply before April 2, 2020 to have access to the current sign-up bonus.
Official application link: Apply for the United Explorer Card with a bonus of up to 60,000 miles
Additional reporting by Madison Blancaflor and Katie Genter.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees