This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A United Airlines flight that encountered a mechanical issue was forced to make an emergency landing at Dover Air Force Base on Monday night.
The pilot of United Flight 1559, which was headed from Newark (EWR) to Palm Beach (PBI), declared an emergency and began descending toward Dover Air Force Base about 40 minutes after takeoff.
According to ABC News, the pilots reported “trouble with the elevator” to air traffic controllers. The issue, which could lead to controllability challenges forced the aircraft, a Boeing 737-800 (registration N33203), to divert.
The aircraft landed at Dover Air Force Base at about 7:20pm ET. Passengers were told to deplane before boarding once again and taking off for their final destination of Palm Beach at about 1:20am on Tuesday. Flight-tracking website FlightRadar24 shows that the final flight to PBI was operated by the same 737.
“We apologize to our customers and have provided a goodwill gesture,” the airline said in a statement.
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that