United Launches Dreamliner Service From Denver to Frankfurt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Come next year, Denver will have yet another nonstop flight to Europe. United, which launched seasonal 787 Dreamliner service to London (LHR) earlier this year, will begin serving Frankfurt on May 2, 2019.
While Frankfurt itself might not top the list of tourist hotspots, I recently had a phenomenal time visiting nearby Heidelberg, a one-hour bus or train from the airport, and Cologne, a 50-minute train ride, is easily one of my favorite destinations in Germany.
Frankfurt Airport’s primary appeal, though, is as Star Alliance member Lufthansa’s largest hub, with connecting flight options throughout Europe, Asia and beyond. United’s new flight is timed to allow short connections in both directions, with flights operating on the following schedule:
- UA182 Denver (DEN) 3:40pm Departure ⇒ Frankfurt (FRA) 9:20am (+1) Arrival
- UA181 Frankfurt (FRA) 11:05am Departure ⇒ Denver (DEN) 1:20pm Arrival
The new Dreamliner flight will join Lufthansa’s 747-400, which also operates daily between DEN and FRA. It’ll be United’s second Denver-Europe route, in addition to the seasonal Dreamliner flight to London. United also operates daily Frankfurt service from Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington, D.C. (IAD).
While Denver will be a more appealing connecting point for a handful of western cities, especially for passengers looking to fly on the Dreamliner, DEN is the only FRA gateway absent on United’s list of current and planned Polaris Lounges — business-class passengers flying from Denver won’t be able to get the full Polaris experience, unfortunately, though they’ll at least be able to visit Amex’s new Centurion Lounge once that location opens in 2019.
United’s latest transatlantic flight should be available to book beginning later today.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.