United Launches Dreamliner Service From Denver to Frankfurt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Come next year, Denver will have yet another nonstop flight to Europe. United, which launched seasonal 787 Dreamliner service to London (LHR) earlier this year, will begin serving Frankfurt on May 2, 2019.
While Frankfurt itself might not top the list of tourist hotspots, I recently had a phenomenal time visiting nearby Heidelberg, a one-hour bus or train from the airport, and Cologne, a 50-minute train ride, is easily one of my favorite destinations in Germany.
Frankfurt Airport’s primary appeal, though, is as Star Alliance member Lufthansa’s largest hub, with connecting flight options throughout Europe, Asia and beyond. United’s new flight is timed to allow short connections in both directions, with flights operating on the following schedule:
- UA182 Denver (DEN) 3:40pm Departure ⇒ Frankfurt (FRA) 9:20am (+1) Arrival
- UA181 Frankfurt (FRA) 11:05am Departure ⇒ Denver (DEN) 1:20pm Arrival
The new Dreamliner flight will join Lufthansa’s 747-400, which also operates daily between DEN and FRA. It’ll be United’s second Denver-Europe route, in addition to the seasonal Dreamliner flight to London. United also operates daily Frankfurt service from Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington, D.C. (IAD).
While Denver will be a more appealing connecting point for a handful of western cities, especially for passengers looking to fly on the Dreamliner, DEN is the only FRA gateway absent on United’s list of current and planned Polaris Lounges — business-class passengers flying from Denver won’t be able to get the full Polaris experience, unfortunately, though they’ll at least be able to visit Amex’s new Centurion Lounge once that location opens in 2019.
United’s latest transatlantic flight should be available to book beginning later today.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees