Deal alert: Daylight savings on United as low as $39 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The end of Daylight Savings Time is bringing some serious savings from United Airlines.
The airline is celebrating the turning back of clocks by offering one-way fares from $39 or 5,900 miles (+$5.60) from Sunday, Nov. 7 to Monday Nov. 8.
Travel is valid from Nov. 21, 2021 to Mar. 9, 2022.
For the latest travel news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for The Points Guy’s daily newsletter.
Airline: United Airlines
Routes: To/From Denver (DEN), New York/Newark (EWR), Washington, D.C. (IAD) Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) and more
Cost: Starts at $39 or 5,900 miles (+$5.60)
Dates: Travel is valid from Nov. 21, 2021 to Mar. 9, 2022
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Fares are for one-way domestic U.S. travel and some conditions apply on basic economy. Fares might not be available on all flights.
There are many routes from Newark’s EWR, one being to Washington, D.C. (IAD) at $39 one-way.
In the beginning of January 2022 there are options from Denver (DEN) to Salt Lake City (SLC) one-way for $39.
On the West Coast, at the end of January you can fly from Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for $39.
Cross-country fares are also going for terrific deals. For example, Los Angeles to New York’s LaGuardia (LGA) is available in January for $103.
How To Book
For more options, visit the United Airlines promotional site and click one-way from a major departure city and airport listed above. Filter dates to travel in the window of November 2021-March 2022 to look for the best prices. The deals are available until Monday Nov. 8.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees