How to check if you’re eligible for 2,500 bonus miles for being a United credit card holder
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here- United Explorer Card
Now through January 31, 2020, United is teaming up with Chase to give away 2,500 bonus United MileagePlus miles to targeted United co-branded credit card cardholders. Why? “Just because.”
If you’re a cardholder, all you need to do to claim the bonus miles is browse to the promotion’s landing page, enter the last four digits of your credit card number, your MileagePlus account number, complete the reCAPTCHA challenge and click “get my bonus miles.”
Unfortunately, not all United co-branded cards are eligible. First, this seems to be targeted only for cardholders of the United Explorer Card. Even so, not all cardholders are eligible for these free 2,500 bonus miles. If you’re not eligible, you’ll get the following error message:
If you’re targeted, don’t expect to get the miles immediately. The terms and conditions note that you need to “allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends on January 31, 2020 for 2,500 bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus account.”
At current TPG valuations, the 2,500 bonus miles are worth around $33. Considering the annual fee on the United Explorer Card is a reasonable $95 per year — currently waived the first year — it’s understandable that this offer isn’t available to all cardholders.
If you don’t have the United Explorer Card yet, the card is packed with valuable benefits like priority boarding, two, one-time United Club lounge passes per year, a first free checked bag for the primary cardholder and up to one companion on United flights and an up to $100 TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit.
New applicants can earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
Featured image courtesy of United.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.