United unveils new California-themed Boeing 757
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A United Airlines 757 returned to service Sunday with a fresh new look.
Artist Tsungwei Moo won a competition to design the livery, which highlights California icons such as the Golden Gate Bridge and palm trees.
Moo said it’s a dream come true for her to be able to see her designs on a United plane. She immigrated to San Francisco from Taiwan aboard a United flight.
“This plane has its mission now, to bring more joy into people’s life, connecting people and uniting the world through experience art,” she said.
The special California-inspired livery is part of the airline’s “Her Art Here” partnership with the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The project focuses on bringing attention to women artists, whose work is displayed less frequently than men’s.
Last month, United unveiled the other winning livery, which was designed by Corinne Antonelli and inspired by New York and New Jersey. Together, the two planes represent United’s major U.S. coastal hubs.
The contest was open to any woman-identified artist living in the U.S., and entries were scored by a panel of judges.
All photos courtesy United Airlines.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee