United unveils new California-themed Boeing 757
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A United Airlines 757 returned to service Sunday with a fresh new look.
Artist Tsungwei Moo won a competition to design the livery, which highlights California icons such as the Golden Gate Bridge and palm trees.
Moo said it’s a dream come true for her to be able to see her designs on a United plane. She immigrated to San Francisco from Taiwan aboard a United flight.
“This plane has its mission now, to bring more joy into people’s life, connecting people and uniting the world through experience art,” she said.
The special California-inspired livery is part of the airline’s “Her Art Here” partnership with the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The project focuses on bringing attention to women artists, whose work is displayed less frequently than men’s.
Last month, United unveiled the other winning livery, which was designed by Corinne Antonelli and inspired by New York and New Jersey. Together, the two planes represent United’s major U.S. coastal hubs.
The contest was open to any woman-identified artist living in the U.S., and entries were scored by a panel of judges.
All photos courtesy United Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.