Flyers can now book COVID-19 tests, be cleared to travel via United’s app
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As more Americans return to the skies, one of the biggest challenges continues to be locking in a COVID-19 test — a requirement for travel to many destinations, even after you’ve completed your vaccine.
The major U.S. airlines have all rolled out solutions to help simplify the process, for both passengers and check-in agents alike. Now, United Airlines is giving its tool — called the “Travel-Ready Center” — a welcome boost.
As of Wednesday, United flyers can use the carrier’s website and mobile app to book a COVID-19 test at more than 200 locations across the United States. With entry requirements integrated within the tool as well, travelers can ensure that the airline will accept their results.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Better yet, flyers won’t need to upload their COVID-19 test results on their own. When booking an appointment directly through the Travel-Ready Center, results will be automatically linked with the reservation, with United displaying a “travel-ready” indicator once you’re cleared to fly.
As the airline explains:
United customers will have access to more than 200 testing sites in the TrustAssure network, including testing sites within United’s hubs of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as those located at many drug store and pharmacy chains.
United also is planning to expand its offering to more U.S. cities, and will add testing sites abroad as well, making it easier for flyers to comply with the CDC’s testing requirement for all U.S.-bound international trips.
Featured photo courtesy of United
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.