ANA Awards Currently Unavailable Through United Website and App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s statement sums up the current issues:
“We’ve been in contact with our partners at ANA who have confirmed that there is an issue with ability to send us award availability. We anticipate this issue being fixed in the coming days. During this time, award availability for ANA flights will not display on United.com or the United app.”
Fortunately, it’s easy enough to find award availability via ExpertFlyer, and you can call United’s reservations line at 800-864-8331 to book (be sure to ask the agent to waive the $25 fee, since ANA cannot currently be booked online).
Far more concerning is United’s ongoing issue booking any award flights operated by Singapore Airlines, TAP or Thai — and, unlike ANA flights, these three carriers can’t be booked via United’s call centers, either.
It does seem that this issue is unique to United, though — I had no problem pulling up Thai first class via Aeroplan, although you’ll need to redeem far more miles for that particular flight via Air Canada’s program.
A spokesperson was willing to shed a little more light on the issue, but it’s clear a solution won’t be implemented overnight:
“We are working diligently with our partners on a solution. It is not our intention to limit awards, as demonstrated by our flexibility in booking channels, the Excursionist Perk and our lower short haul intra region awards. This anomaly requires time to fix, working with IT systems across multiple carriers, and it is our collective goal to have availability back in a manner that ensures the entire booking and ticketing process is in line with customer expectations.”
While United would like to direct your attention to redemption options that are currently available — including the Excursionist Perk — the fact remains that airline loyalists are surely at a disadvantage, considering you can book these partners through other Star Alliance programs, including Aeroplan.
Featured image of ANA first class by Ethan Steinberg.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees