United Airlines Remembers George HW Bush at IAH Gate 41
United Airlines has closed gate C41 at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Bush — 41st President of the United States — was remembered today by family, friends and political leaders at his funeral service held at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
The United gate has been setup as a memorial at the airport named for the President. Earlier this week the presidential Boeing 747 commonly referred to as Air Force One — the call sign used when the president is on board — flew Special Air Mission 41 to bring the late president back to Washington, DC. The late President will be interred at his Presidential Library in College Station, Texas.
All images by Summer Hull/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees