United is offering two big Cyber Monday discounts for MileagePlus members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As I was scrolling through our very comprehensive list of today’s outstanding Cyber Monday deals, I came across two offers that could be especially appealing to United flyers — enough so that they’re worth calling out.
The first is only valid when you book today — and, like other MileagePlus flash sales we’ve seen in the past, redemption rates vary depending on your elite status and whether or not you have a co-branded credit card, such as the United Explorer Card. Depending on how that duo breaks down for you, economy awards from North American to Asia and Europe can be had for as little as 30,000 miles round-trip!
As a Premier 1K member with the United Explorer Card, I’m entitled to the largest discount. As a result, I’m seeing saver awards ranging in price from 30,000 miles (to Europe) to 40,000 miles (to Southeast Asia) round-trip — that represents a very generous 50% discount off the lowest award rates I’m used to seeing for those routes.
You’ll need to book by 11:59pm local time (in your departure city) today, Dec. 2, and travel between Jan. 12, 2020, and March 29, 2020, in order to take advantage of that offer.
Today’s second deal covers Economy Plus upgrades, and it’s also limited to MileagePlus members — though any United traveler is free to join. You’ll need to select an Economy Plus seat and check out with promotion code “CYBER25” in order to take advantage of a 25% discount on any extra-legroom seat upgrades for flights departing on or after Dec. 9. Be sure to complete your purchase by 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
There are plenty more deals to be had today — for more top limited-time offers, don’t miss:
- Save on flights with these Cyber Monday deals
- Save hundreds on hotel stays today
- TPG’s guide to Amazon Cyber Monday deals
- Cyber Monday travel accessory deals
Featured photo of United’s 787-10 economy by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees