Earn 50 United MileagePlus Miles per Dollar at Magazines.com
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been thinking about signing up for a magazine subscription, the opportunity to earn bonus miles might be enough to push you over the edge. For a limited time, United is offering 50 miles per dollar spent at Magazines.com.
In all, the 50 miles per dollar offer is like purchasing United miles at 2 cents apiece. And while that may seem high, especially since TPG values United miles at 1.4 cents apiece, it’s easy to get more than 2 cents in value from United miles when redeeming them for premium cabin awards.
For instance, a nonstop round-trip flight between Newark (EWR) and Tokyo (NRT) in United’s Polaris Business class would run you 140,000 miles, or $6,231 if you pay with cash. That redemption would get you about 4.4 cents in value per United mile.
As for this United MileagePlus shopping promotion with Magazines.com, you can earn a surplus of United miles. For example, if you sign up for 54 weekly issues of People ($124) and 12 monthly issues of National Geographic ($39), you’d spend a total of $163. Based on the promotion, you’d walk away with 8,150 United miles — worth $114 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
While not as lucrative, several other airline shopping portals are also offering elevated earnings for Magazines.com purchases. You can earn 40 AAdvantage miles per dollar, 40 Delta SkyMiles per dollar or 30 Alaska Mileage Plan miles per dollar.
New to online shopping portals? Here’s a quick overview:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.