This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber and PayPal announced on Thursday the two companies will be collaborating to roll out an option for Uber customers to pay with their rides with their Venmo balance in “coming weeks.”
When the feature goes live, “Pay with Venmo” will pop up as a payment option within the ride-sharing app’s menu.
Uber said that more than 6 million people mentioned the ride-sharing company in Venmo transactions in 2017, presumably splitting rides with friends. The two companies contend this collaboration will simplify that fare-splitting process. Uber customers will also be able to pay for UberEATS, the company’s food delivery venture, with PayPal-owned Venmo, too.
— dara khosrowshahi (@dkhos) July 12, 2018
“Adding Venmo as a way to pay within Uber and UberEATS furthers our mission to provide a seamless way to pay for the services that matter most to our customers,” PayPal COO Bill Ready said in a statement.
Uber is the first ride-sharing company to directly feature a Venmo payment option within its app. But, the agreement is not exclusive, so Uber’s top competitor, Lyft, could also potentially add the option down the line.
H/T: Tech Crunch
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees