Uber riders who pay with corporate Amex cards now earn double Uber Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting today, Uber and American Express are launching a new Uber Rewards benefit for those riding under a business profile and paying for the ride with an American Express® Corporate Green Card, American Express® Corporate Gold Card or American Express Corporate Platinum Card®. Riders who utilize their business profile in the app and pay with their corporate card will earn between 2-6 points per dollar depending on the kind of Uber they hail.
The information for the American Express Corporate Green, Corporate Gold or Corporate Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Uber Rewards currently offers 1x points on Uber Pool, 2x points on Uber X and 3x points on Uber Black for every dollar spent. Under this refreshed partnership, these benefits will jump to 2x, 4x, and 6x respectively. Once a rider reaches 500 points, they can pick a reward such as $5 in Uber cash or no UberEats delivery fees on a few orders. This essentailly equates to 2-6% back on all Uber rides for those who pay with their Amex corporate card.
Amex corporate Gold and Platinum cardholders will also get additional benefits when using their cards to pay for their next ride. Both Gold and Platinum cardholders will get priority pickups at most US airports and Platinum cardholders will get highly-rated drivers when available. It’d be interesting to test out how much of a difference these benefits make if you’re at a crowded LaGuardia (LGA) or LAX ride share pickup area.
This benefit is the latest in a series of overhauls for Amex corporate cardholders announced back in October. With Amex corporate cards, your business has the option to either pool the American Express Membership Rewards points earned, or you can reward your employees by allowing them to keep the points for themselves. You can read more about the new benefits on Uber’s dedicated landing page.
Added benefits for no additional cost are always good things. Don’t forget all Uber points earned with your corporate card will also count towards earning Uber Rewards status with Gold starting at 500 points (maximum of $250 on your corporate card for all UberX rides) all the way to Diamond requiring 7,500 points (maximum of $3,750 in Uber rides paid with your corporate card).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees