Two US Tourists Killed in Freak Horse-Carriage Accident in Ireland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Arizona couple was killed following a tragic horse-carriage accident on Monday while on vacation in Killarney, Ireland.
According to local reports, 64-year old Rosalyn Few and 62-year-old Normand Larose from Phoenix, Arizona, were on a carriage ride through Gap of Dunloe in Country Kerry when their carriage fell over a cliff. The carriage reportedly overturned and threw the couple into a rocky ravine about 20 feet deep. The couple was pronounced dead on the scene.
The couple’s family, Few’s daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren, were riding down the Gap of Dunloe in a separate carriage when they came upon the scene shortly after.
The man who was driving the carriage survived the accident and escaped with no injuries, according to the report. The horse trekking the carriage was badly injured from the fall and was later euthanized.
Killarney’s Chamber of Commerce and Tourism expressed its sympathies to the couple’s family.
Chamber President Paul O’Neill said: “The Gap of Dunloe is one of Ireland’s most popular tourist destinations, a place that brings joy to tourists the world over, and we are devastated that a visit to it by this couple would end in such tragic circumstances.”
The carriage drivers, also known as pony-and-trap drivers of the Killarney, Co Kerry area, suspended services on Tuesday to hold a prayer service and honor the family.
Featured image by youngoggo/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.