Turks and Caicos walks back travel policy: Paper vaccination cards will be accepted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with new information.
One of the world’s most idyllic islands and a popular vacation spot for Americans will now require all travelers visiting the island to be vaccinated.
Effective Sept. 1, Turks and Caicos will require all visitors, 16 years of age or older, to be fully vaccinated. Visitors are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine. Vaccines currently approved are Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca, Spikevax and Vaxzevria.
Want more travel, points and miles news in your inbox? Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
Visitors to Turks and Caicos will need to show proof that they’re fully vaccinated in one of three ways:
- Paper vaccination record, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-issued card
- A vaccination letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse with license number)
- Proof of vaccination printed from an electronic vaccination database
Although handwritten vaccination cards were temporarily prohibited, Visit Turks and Caicos reversed course on this decision on Aug. 19 to once again accept paper vaccination records.
All visitors will still be required to take a negative COVID-19 test no more than three days prior to arrival in the islands. However, the good news for families with young kids is that children under 10 are exempt from this requirement.
According to the Turks and Caicos government and Ministry of Health, travelers will still need a TCI Assured portal authorization form (includes a health screening questionnaire) that can be completed online before their flight; health insurance that covers COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions, and air ambulance, in addition to the negative COVID-19 test result (PCR, NAA, RNA or antigen tests are valid).
Once granted entry, no further COVID-19 tests are required and visitors are permitted to stay for up to 90 days. There is no mobile tracking app or daily health checks (as in some other Caribbean countries). Visitors are free to travel throughout Providenciales and the rest of the Turks and Caicos without restrictions during their stay.
Additional reporting by Caroline Tanner.
Featured image courtesy of Beaches Turks and Caicos.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees