This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, is looking for remote professionals to take up residency in the city — and it will even pay you to do so.
Tulsa Remote is a new program that hopes to attract driven and smart individuals to commit to working remotely in Tulsa for one year by offering $10,000 to accepted candidates. The money will help cover moving expenses and will serve as a monthly stipend. Participants will have access to the remaining funds after they’ve finished their first year in Oklahoma. The program will manage the $10,000 by allocating an initial $2,500 for relocation expenses, $500 as monthly stipend and a final payout of $1,500 at the end, CNBC reported.
Not only will Tulsa Remote help with your moving expenses, they’re offering participants rent in new, fully-furnished apartments in the Tulsa Arts District at a discounted price. They will also cover your utilities bill for the first three months. The average rent for a two-bedroom living space in Tulsa is around $658. That means a New Yorker paying for a two-bedroom who moved to Tulsa could save $3,430 in rent each month (the average two-bedroom apartment in New York is $4,088 per month). Tulsa Remote workers will also have access to a communal work space.
Ken Levit, an executive director at the George Kaiser Family Foundation, told CNBC that he hopes this program persuades young professionals to stay in Tulsa longer than a year to help shape the community by starting new businesses, launching non-profits or getting involved with local politics. The George Kaiser Family Foundation is a partner of the program and is an organization that works to provide children with equal opportunities and address community issues.
Tulsa Remote is now accepting applications and you can apply here. Eligible applicants must be able to move to Tulsa within six months, have a full-time remote job or are self-employed outside of Tulsa county, must be 18-years-old or older and are eligible to work in the United States.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees