TSA Reminds Flyers: Leave Your Fireworks at Home
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Fourth of July is right around the corner, so as you head to the airport for your beach trips, lake houses and other getaways, the Transportation Security Administration wants to remind you of one thing: Leave your fireworks at home.
With a record-breaking 3.8 million Americans expected to fly during peak days this Independence Day, it’s important to remember that fireworks are not allowed in either your checked or carry-on bag — that includes all firework novelty items, like sparklers and party poppers.
TSA expects to screen about 2.7 million passengers and crew on Friday, June 29 — a number that would set the record for its all-time busiest day ever. You can check out TSA’s Fourth of July travel tips if you’re wondering how to beat the crowds. Just remember to wait to buy your pyrotechnic supplies until after you’ve landed.
Featured image by Thomas Lohnes/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.