TSA Is Testing Ways to Eventually Keep Laptops in Bags for Everybody, and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
Free Disney Dining Plans are returning to Disney World this year, valid for eligible trips starting Sept. 1–Dec. 23 (with many blackout dates — like all of October).
Is Delta’s extraordinarily low cancellation rate so good because it will delay flights for hours and hours instead of taking a cancellation?
Uber and startup Cargo are trying to turn the backseat into a marketplace and will reward riders for participating.
Air France-KLM has unveiled its renovated lounge at Washington Dulles, featuring new fittings and a downstairs space that adds capacity at the DC area gateway.
KnowRoaming, which has provided a handful of creative solutions for overseas data over the years, now offers an entirely digital eSIM, making it easy to sign up online and get connected in just a few minutes.
Marriott and Emirates have announced the relaunch of Your World Rewards, a program designed to give elite-like benefits to loyal members of both programs.
Delta and Southwest gift cards no longer trigger the Amex the airline fee credits.
The TSA is testing a screening method that may eventually result in passengers keeping laptops in their bags. The TSA is trying out the new screening in Las Vegas and may one day expand it nationwide.
It’s been a rough few months for passengers of American and Southwest with abnormally high delay and cancellation rates. The woes have now dragged into the the dog days of summer, disrupting thousands of passengers at the height of the busy travel season.
Meet the TPG Team at Our Exclusive Aviation-Themed Reader Event in Seattle
We’re excited to announce that on July 30 we’re hosting an aviation-themed reader event at The Museum of Flight in Seattle!
Featured image courtesy of Photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees