Travelers visiting Ecuador will no longer need to self-isolate with a negative COVID test
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers visiting Ecuador will no longer be required to self-isolate if they show proof of a negative COVID-19 test, according to the Latin American Travel Association.
Last month, Ecuador’s National Emergency Operations Committee announced that travelers arriving by air to Quito or Guayaquil must carry a negative PCR test. Travelers visiting the remote Galapagos Islands must have a negative PCR test to enter. The Galapagos reopened to travelers in July, and visitors are required to wear face masks and comply with safety protocols. Visitors may only visit inhabited areas on the Galapagos for a maximum of three hours. According to Travel Daily News, quick tests will not be accepted.
Related: The 45 countries Americans can go
Ecuadorian authorities have released some guidelines for tourists, including:
- Comply with social distancing, at least two meters (2 yards approx.)
- Use of face masks/masks
- Hygiene measures (constant hand washing and disinfection, covering the nose and mouth when yawning or sneezing with the inside of the elbow flexed)
- Extreme precautions for people over 60 years and for vulnerable groups
- Public events are prohibited, as well as crowds.
As of June 4, Quito and Guayaquil airports resumed operations. American and United are resuming services to both cities, while Eastern, JetBlue and Spirit are planning to only operate out of Guayaquil.
The U.S. State Department removed Ecuador from the Global Health Advisory Level 4. Ecuador is now listed as Level 3: Reconsider Travel. Ecuador has reported over 100,000 cases of the novel coronavirus and over 10,000 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University coronavirus tracker.
Featured photo by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.