Young Traveler Challenges TSA Officer to a Dance-Off at Newark Airport
It usually isn’t a great idea to challenge a TSA officer, especially when you’re passing through security. However, a young traveler recently did so, and met viral success.
The young boy was passing through a checkpoint in Terminal B of Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) when he began to dance, TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein told NBC New York. Nearby TSA officer Josh McCall complimented the young dance master’s moves, only to find himself challenged to a dance-off. A nearby bystander captured adorable video footage of the boy showing off his talent, mirrored closely by the TSA officer. The family later requested a group photo with McCall, according to Farbstein.
Tom Carter, TSA’s federal security director for New Jersey, told NBC New York that the agency’s officers would “be happy to accept any dance challenges from passengers,” as long as they’re not too busy.
“It’s a good example of the human side of our great and dedicated professionals on the front lines of homeland security,” Carter said. “Officer McCall not only helped keep this family safe, but also made their checkpoint experience both pleasurable and memorable.”
This isn’t the first TSA dance-off in recent internet history. In June, WCVB Channel 5 Boston shared a video of a 7-year-old in a dance-off with another TSA officer who was on break. In this incident, the young dance champion is performing the “floss,” a new dance especially popular with youngsters savvy to internet trends. We’re just waiting to see a TSA dance-off to the #inmyfeelingschallenge next.
H/T: NBC New York
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.