Young Traveler Challenges TSA Officer to a Dance-Off at Newark Airport
It usually isn’t a great idea to challenge a TSA officer, especially when you’re passing through security. However, a young traveler recently did so, and met viral success.
The young boy was passing through a checkpoint in Terminal B of Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) when he began to dance, TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein told NBC New York. Nearby TSA officer Josh McCall complimented the young dance master’s moves, only to find himself challenged to a dance-off. A nearby bystander captured adorable video footage of the boy showing off his talent, mirrored closely by the TSA officer. The family later requested a group photo with McCall, according to Farbstein.
Tom Carter, TSA’s federal security director for New Jersey, told NBC New York that the agency’s officers would “be happy to accept any dance challenges from passengers,” as long as they’re not too busy.
“It’s a good example of the human side of our great and dedicated professionals on the front lines of homeland security,” Carter said. “Officer McCall not only helped keep this family safe, but also made their checkpoint experience both pleasurable and memorable.”
This isn’t the first TSA dance-off in recent internet history. In June, WCVB Channel 5 Boston shared a video of a 7-year-old in a dance-off with another TSA officer who was on break. In this incident, the young dance champion is performing the “floss,” a new dance especially popular with youngsters savvy to internet trends. We’re just waiting to see a TSA dance-off to the #inmyfeelingschallenge next.
H/T: NBC New York
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees