Travel Deal Tuesday: How you can save money on your next trip with Hopper’s exclusive deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Step aside, Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Hopper’s Travel Deal Tuesday is here with discounts on flights, hotels, rental cars and more.
If you’re looking to book affordable trips for the holiday season and into 2022, you may want to act fast if you see any deals through Hopper.
Want more travel news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
According to Hopper data, the Tuesday after the Thanksgiving holiday is a day when a lot of travel companies release deals — the company claims to send 30% more deal alerts to customers. For the fifth year, Hopper is taking advantage of this annual day of deals by introducing its own spin on Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Travel Deal Tuesday.
In addition to deals from airlines, hotel brands and rental car companies, this Travel Deal Tuesday will feature Hopper-exclusive deals and discounts on Hopper products.
Here’s everything you need to know about taking advantage of Hopper’s Travel Deal Tuesday.
Airline promotions during Travel Deal Tuesday
Hopper sent TPG a list of airlines that will be offering promotions during Travel Deal Tuesday:
- Aer Lingus: Save up to $200 on economy fares and up to $300 on business class when you fly from the U.S.
- Air New Zealand: While New Zealand’s borders remain closed to most U.S. travelers, there will be flight deals available to destinations in Australia such as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Fiji Airways: Look out for promotional fairs to Fiji from the West Coast of the U.S., including Los Angeles, San Fransisco and Hawaii.
- Icelandair: Expect deals to Reykjavík-Keflavík, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, London, Paris and more.
- Kenya Airways: You’ll get 30% off base fares for select destinations for business and economy bookings.
- Singapore Airlines: Deals on Singapore Airlines will start at $549 to destinations including Japan, Thailand, the Maldives and more.
- Etihad: Expect deals to destinations including Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the Maldives.
- Turkish Airlines: There will be deals offered to select destinations served by Turkish Airlines.
Keep in mind that booking international travel right now does come with a fair amount of risk — some destinations (such as Israel) have shifted quickly to close borders following the emergence of the omicron variant, and we’re likely to see more travel restrictions in the coming weeks.
Still, if you’ve been searching for deals to any of the aforementioned destinations or on any of the airlines offering promotions, it’s worth checking out availability. And if you do book, make sure you’re adding travel protections in case your trip needs to be canceled before your travel dates.
Exclusive deals when you book through Hopper
In addition to deals from specific airlines during Travel Deal Tuesday, Hopper will have exclusive discounts available to customers.
If you book through Hopper, you’ll save up to an additional $100 to certain destinations, including:
- Las Vegas
However, Hopper sent TPG a preview of the expected deals we should see out of New York City, and I wasn’t particularly impressed by the projected prices:
- Venice, Italy — From $715 round-trip, plus an additional $100 exclusive discount on Hopper
- Male, Maldives — From $947 round-trip, plus an additional $100 exclusive discount on Hopper
- Santorini, Greece — From $971 round-trip, plus an additional $100 exclusive discount on Hopper
- San Juan, Puerto Rico — From $238 round-trip, plus an additional $50 exclusive discount on Hopper
- Hawaii Island, Hawaii — From $503 round-trip, plus an additional $50 exclusive discount on Hopper
- Cancun, Mexico — From $329 round-trip, plus an additional $35 exclusive discount on Hopper
While Hopper does claim these prices are down anywhere from 5% (Puerto Rico) to 31% (Cancun) compared to 2019 prices during this time of year, you can still find better deals out there to many of these destinations if you have some patience and flexibility with your travel plans.
Discounts on Hopper’s flexible booking options
Of all the Travel Deal Tuesday discounts and promotions, the one I’m most excited about personally is the special pricing on Hopper’s flexible booking options.
Hopper’s fintech tools are the primary reason I personally use Hopper. Between price prediction and price freeze, Hopper helps me plan when to book trips regularly. And during Travel Deal Tuesday, you’ll get 30% off Flight Disruption Guarantee and Cancel or Change for Any Reason coverage.
Flight Disruption Guarantee allows you to book a new flight for free if your original flight gets canceled by the airline or if you miss a connection due to a delay. With ongoing staffing shortages and recent meltdowns ahead of the busy holiday travel season and beyond, this is especially useful coverage to have on a trip, and 30% off is a solid discount.
Change or Cancel for Any Reason allows you to change your plans up to 24 hours prior to your departure. As COVID-19 risk levels and destination entry requirements continue to change due to new variants, fluctuating case rates and continued vaccine hesitancy in some parts of the world, having the ability to cancel your trip or push it back could be useful for upcoming trips.
Additionally, Hopper is offering $0.99 Price Freeze for today. The Price Freeze feature lets you lock in a price for a specific flight or hotel for a small deposit (only $0.99 if you freeze on Travel Deal Tuesday). That gives you some leeway if you see a deal you’re really interested in, but don’t want to make a final decision on booking just yet.
Finally, Hopper is offering travel credits (in the form of Carrot Cash) that can go toward future bookings for every purchase made on Travel Deal Tuesday. New users can earn $30 in Carrot Cash when they download the app today, plus Carrott Cash earned for each booking made throughout the day.
If you’re on the hunt for travel deals, today is a great day to consider booking. Many airlines generally have solid discounts on flights to an array of destinations on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Add in some of the Hopper-exclusive deals and discounts on their travel protection products such as Flight Disruption Guarantee, and it could make sense to book through Hopper.
When booking international travel for the upcoming holiday season, purchasing travel protections (either Hopper’s Cancel or Change for Any Reason coverage for 30% off or coverage through a different provider) is more important than ever due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
With the emergence of the omicron variant, destinations are once again closing borders and instituting travel restrictions. Things are likely to continue changing rapidly, so having that extra layer of protection could save you time, money and a lot of frustration down the line.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees