Targeted: Get up to a 25% bonus when transferring points to Qantas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you may want to check your email as some have been targeted for bonuses when adding points to their account.
If targeted, you can receive up to 25% more Qantas Points when you transfer your rewards points to Qantas Points, as first reported by Frequent Miler. Again, this offer appears to be targeted with emails sent to eligible users, so you’ll want to make sure you’ve received an email stating you’re eligible for the bonus.
The more points you transfer, the bigger your bonus will be. You’ll receive a 15% bonus if you transfer less than 500,000 points and a 25% bonus if you transfer 500,001 points or more.
|Point Transfer||Points Bonus|
|Less than 500,000 Points||Receive 15% more Qantas Points|
|Over 500,001 Points||Receive 25% more Qantas Points|
Some terms do apply. The offer is not applicable to any card listed at qantas.com/cards or other card where the issuer automatically transfers your credit or charge card rewards points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
If you were targeted, keep in mind that the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is a transfer partner with American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One, Citi ThankYou and Marriott Bonvoy. You can transfer Capital One miles to Qantas at a 2:1.5 ratio while Citi and American Express transfer at a preferable 1:1 ratio. For Marriott, you’ll get 1 Qantas point for every 3 Marriott points you transfer, plus you’ll receive a 5,000-point bonus when transferring in 60,000-point increments (i.e. 60,000 Marriott = 25,000 Qantas points).
If you do decide to take advantage of the bonus, you’ll want to read how you can best maximize sweet spots in Qantas’ Frequent Flyer program. Just note that Qantas isn’t the most lucrative loyalty program (it has high fuel surcharges and a mediocre award chart), especially when you have the option of transferring credit card points to partners like Aeroplan, Avianca and Virgin Atlantic — all of which are some of TPG’s favorites for amazing award redemptions.
But don’t wait, you have until Sept. 30 to take advantage of this promotion!
Featured photo courtesy of Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.