Targeted: Get up to a 25% bonus when transferring points to Qantas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you may want to check your email as some have been targeted for bonuses when adding points to their account.
If targeted, you can receive up to 25% more Qantas Points when you transfer your rewards points to Qantas Points, as first reported by Frequent Miler. Again, this offer appears to be targeted with emails sent to eligible users, so you’ll want to make sure you’ve received an email stating you’re eligible for the bonus.
The more points you transfer, the bigger your bonus will be. You’ll receive a 15% bonus if you transfer less than 500,000 points and a 25% bonus if you transfer 500,001 points or more.
|Point Transfer||Points Bonus|
|Less than 500,000 Points||Receive 15% more Qantas Points|
|Over 500,001 Points||Receive 25% more Qantas Points|
Some terms do apply. The offer is not applicable to any card listed at qantas.com/cards or other card where the issuer automatically transfers your credit or charge card rewards points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
If you were targeted, keep in mind that the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is a transfer partner with American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One, Citi ThankYou and Marriott Bonvoy. You can transfer Capital One miles to Qantas at a 2:1.5 ratio while Citi and American Express transfer at a preferable 1:1 ratio. For Marriott, you’ll get 1 Qantas point for every 3 Marriott points you transfer, plus you’ll receive a 5,000-point bonus when transferring in 60,000-point increments (i.e. 60,000 Marriott = 25,000 Qantas points).
If you do decide to take advantage of the bonus, you’ll want to read how you can best maximize sweet spots in Qantas’ Frequent Flyer program. Just note that Qantas isn’t the most lucrative loyalty program (it has high fuel surcharges and a mediocre award chart), especially when you have the option of transferring credit card points to partners like Aeroplan, Avianca and Virgin Atlantic — all of which are some of TPG’s favorites for amazing award redemptions.
But don’t wait, you have until Sept. 30 to take advantage of this promotion!
Featured photo courtesy of Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees