TPG’s new-and-improved site search is here!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a complaint that’s echoed around the TPG newsroom for years: Our search tool was not the best.
That’s changed completely now that The Points Guy has unveiled a new and much-improved search system. Go to our home page and click on the magnifying glass to try it.
Says founder and CEO Brian Kelly: “I’m so proud of the 28,000+ posts we’ve collectively written over the last 9+ years, but for too long they’ve been buried with a non-usable search feature. I’m glad that is fixed and readers can find the most relevant content that will help them travel more and maximize their points.”
The new search tool is faster and shows more relevant results. TPG teamed with a company called Algolia to deliver this big upgrade for The Points Guy readers. The new tool includes “suggested queries” and the ability to see a range of options. It’s much more intuitive. We think you’ll find it’s easier to use and delivers much better search results.
TPG customer experience senior associate Meg Palmer helped develop the new search function. She says, “The new global search is the first of many new initiatives we’ll be rolling out to the site this year to help our readers navigate the site faster and discover new content.
“The old global search was a horrible user experience (most people opted for a quick article search on Google instead), so we’re excited to provide a more intuitive, helpful tool. The new platform also unlocks the ability for us to track users’ search queries to continue to improve the experience and inform our content strategy.”
Featured image courtesy The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees