TPG’s new-and-improved site search is here!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a complaint that’s echoed around the TPG newsroom for years: Our search tool was not the best.
That’s changed completely now that The Points Guy has unveiled a new and much-improved search system. Go to our home page and click on the magnifying glass to try it.
Says founder and CEO Brian Kelly: “I’m so proud of the 28,000+ posts we’ve collectively written over the last 9+ years, but for too long they’ve been buried with a non-usable search feature. I’m glad that is fixed and readers can find the most relevant content that will help them travel more and maximize their points.”
The new search tool is faster and shows more relevant results. TPG teamed with a company called Algolia to deliver this big upgrade for The Points Guy readers. The new tool includes “suggested queries” and the ability to see a range of options. It’s much more intuitive. We think you’ll find it’s easier to use and delivers much better search results.
TPG customer experience senior associate Meg Palmer helped develop the new search function. She says, “The new global search is the first of many new initiatives we’ll be rolling out to the site this year to help our readers navigate the site faster and discover new content.
“The old global search was a horrible user experience (most people opted for a quick article search on Google instead), so we’re excited to provide a more intuitive, helpful tool. The new platform also unlocks the ability for us to track users’ search queries to continue to improve the experience and inform our content strategy.”
Featured image courtesy The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.