This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
More importantly: What do his annual fees add up to?
You can now transfer to 14 partners rather than the original 12, but these two have a different transfer ratio.
TPG’s Ethan Steinberg wrote about some of the best ways to redeem some of the best seats in the sky.
Adjusting the boarding groups from six to eight isn’t the only change.
New plane, fresh livery and a huge upgrade to first class.
Emily McNutt rated her flight an 82/100, where food and service ranked highly.
“The tail strike was a symptom of problems, not the cause of the catastrophe,” said former Boeing engineer Peter Lemme.
TPG’s Nicky Kelvin wrote about his rather unfortunate stay during Art Basel.
In Other News. . .
Alaska is celebrating its new routes from Everett PAE. Earn double miles on them between February 11 and March 31, 2019.
Seasons greetings! Guest your friends and family into the British Airways Lounges this holiday season with this limited time benefit.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees