TPG’s Credit Card Portfolio, New Capital One Transfer Partners, Redeeming Emirates Rewards and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
More importantly: What do his annual fees add up to?
You can now transfer to 14 partners rather than the original 12, but these two have a different transfer ratio.
TPG’s Ethan Steinberg wrote about some of the best ways to redeem some of the best seats in the sky.
Adjusting the boarding groups from six to eight isn’t the only change.
New plane, fresh livery and a huge upgrade to first class.
Emily McNutt rated her flight an 82/100, where food and service ranked highly.
“The tail strike was a symptom of problems, not the cause of the catastrophe,” said former Boeing engineer Peter Lemme.
TPG’s Nicky Kelvin wrote about his rather unfortunate stay during Art Basel.
In Other News. . .
Alaska is celebrating its new routes from Everett PAE. Earn double miles on them between February 11 and March 31, 2019.
Seasons greetings! Guest your friends and family into the British Airways Lounges this holiday season with this limited time benefit.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.