This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a company, The Points Guy is all about giving back. Through the years, we’ve seen the good that points and miles can do in making a difference — from empowering women and girls’ organizations in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to helping people in the LGBT community seek asylum with Rainbow Railroad and teaching youth new ways to make a difference in their communities with PeaceJam. Now, we’re handing the giving baton to you, TPG readers, to see what you want to do to make a difference.
We’re interested in helping you to help others. In short, TPG wants to help you help a cause that’s important to you. Whether you’re interested in helping people, animals, communities… anything — we want to hear what it is. If you’re one of three finalists chosen, we’ll give the charity or organization of your choice a cash donation.
- First — $6,000
- Second — $2,500
- Third — $1,500
To be entered to be one of the three finalists, you’ll have to first fill out this Google Form to tell us a bit about yourself and your organization. You’ll also have to submit a brief one-minute video, further explaining why the cause is important to you and why TPG should support it.
The Google Form will be open for submissions until August 21, and you must submit your completed video on that date as well. The TPG team will then review the submissions and choose our top three. Then, members of the TPG Lounge will vote on their favorites and ultimately decide which gets awarded first, second and third place.
We look forward to seeing what TPG readers are passionate about, and helping your favorite organizations on their path to do good.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees