This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When we set out to start a UK-centric version of The Points Guy, we had many ideas for content with which we could launch the brand-new site. Some ideas were tossed out, while others put into action. None, however, were as exciting as the prospect of trying out each class of service on board a British Airways jet at the same time, on the same flight.
The team eagerly searched for a route that would clock in at around seven hours, but that avoided the East Coast of the US, since there had been (and continues to be) an enormous amount of flying between London and New York already. After much searching, they settled on Abu Dhabi (AUH), which lies just about seven hours away from London by plane, and is a perfect route to review since BA operates a four-class Boeing 777 on the route and schedules the departures during the daytime, meaning there would be better conditions for taking photos and video on board.
Then came the moment of truth: picking who would sit in which cabin. They did it in the fairest way they knew how: randomly selecting a piece of paper with the class of service written on it. Here’s how it all shook out:
- First Class: Nicky Kelvin, UK Director of Content
- Club World (business class): Daniel Ross, Content Producer
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy): Christian Kramer, General Manager, TPG UK
- World Traveller (economy): Jean Arnas, UK Head of Video
So, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight along with four members of TPG UK as they travel from London to Abu Dhabi in the video below!
Featured image by Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards