Join Us for a TPG Reader Meetup at the Capital One Cafe in Denver, Thursday January 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
One of the great things about being a TPG contributor are the chance encounters I have with readers all over the world. That’s why I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be hosting a reader meetup in my home town of Denver on Thursday, Jan. 10, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Join us for a lively discussion of current award travel topics, and I’ll be on-hand to engage with readers and answer any questions you have while we enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. The event will be held at the Capital One Cafe at 1550 Wewatta St, and is sponsored by the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
Capital One Destination Venture
The TPG reader meetup will cap off Capital One’s series of Destination Venture events in Denver, which features travel themed activities such as a virtual ski simulator, live art demonstrations and special guests such as celebrity chefs and gold medal winning athletes.
In fact, it’s not too late to catch the final Destination Denver event at Skyline Park in downtown (1515 Arapahoe St.) this weekend, on Saturday and Sunday January 5th and 6th. This event will feature:
- Workout classes hosted by the Colorado Athletic Club and November Project
- Larger-than-life cooler bar serving up free drinks and eats from local Denver restaurants
- 360-degree projection of some of the world’s most captivating travel destinations
- Kid-friendly activities such as balloon animals
You’ll also get to see:
- A cooking demonstration and enjoy complimentary bites from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio.
- A performance and meet and greet with VISA® athletes and gold-medal winning, ice dancing duo, Meryl Davis and Charlie White.
About the Capital One Venture Rewards card
If you haven’t heard, Capital One’s Venture card has added a new miles transfer benefit, which includes over a dozen airline loyalty partners. You still earn unlimited double miles on every purchase, and you can redeem miles as statement credits for any travel expense including airline tickets, hotel stays,rental cars, cruises and more.
But now, you can also transfer your Venture miles to a more than a dozen frequent flyer programs, most at a 2:1.5 ratio. That means you can earn up to 1.5 airline miles per dollar spent with Venture on all purchases! Currently, new cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus miles (worth $500 in travel statement credits), after spending $3,000 on new purchases within the first three months of account opening. You will also earn unlimited 10 miles per dollar on thousands of properties when you use your Venture card at hotels.com through Jan. 31, 2020. Finally, this card also offers an up to $100 application fee credit for either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
To join me at the our first TPG reader meetup in the Mile High City, head over to the TPG lounge on Facebook, comment on this post letting us know if you’re interested in attending and register through the EventBrite link thats included in the TPG lounge post. Just make sure you’re one of the first 100 to register for the event!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.