Join Us for a TPG Reader Meetup at the Capital One Cafe in Denver, Thursday January 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
One of the great things about being a TPG contributor are the chance encounters I have with readers all over the world. That’s why I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be hosting a reader meetup in my home town of Denver on Thursday, Jan. 10, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Join us for a lively discussion of current award travel topics, and I’ll be on-hand to engage with readers and answer any questions you have while we enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. The event will be held at the Capital One Cafe at 1550 Wewatta St, and is sponsored by the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
Capital One Destination Venture
The TPG reader meetup will cap off Capital One’s series of Destination Venture events in Denver, which features travel themed activities such as a virtual ski simulator, live art demonstrations and special guests such as celebrity chefs and gold medal winning athletes.
In fact, it’s not too late to catch the final Destination Denver event at Skyline Park in downtown (1515 Arapahoe St.) this weekend, on Saturday and Sunday January 5th and 6th. This event will feature:
- Workout classes hosted by the Colorado Athletic Club and November Project
- Larger-than-life cooler bar serving up free drinks and eats from local Denver restaurants
- 360-degree projection of some of the world’s most captivating travel destinations
- Kid-friendly activities such as balloon animals
You’ll also get to see:
- A cooking demonstration and enjoy complimentary bites from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio.
- A performance and meet and greet with VISA® athletes and gold-medal winning, ice dancing duo, Meryl Davis and Charlie White.
About the Capital One Venture Rewards card
If you haven’t heard, Capital One’s Venture card has added a new miles transfer benefit, which includes over a dozen airline loyalty partners. You still earn unlimited double miles on every purchase, and you can redeem miles as statement credits for any travel expense including airline tickets, hotel stays,rental cars, cruises and more.
But now, you can also transfer your Venture miles to a more than a dozen frequent flyer programs, most at a 2:1.5 ratio. That means you can earn up to 1.5 airline miles per dollar spent with Venture on all purchases! Currently, new cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus miles (worth $500 in travel statement credits), after spending $3,000 on new purchases within the first three months of account opening. You will also earn unlimited 10 miles per dollar on thousands of properties when you use your Venture card at hotels.com through Jan. 31, 2020. Finally, this card also offers an up to $100 application fee credit for either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
To join me at the our first TPG reader meetup in the Mile High City, head over to the TPG lounge on Facebook, comment on this post letting us know if you’re interested in attending and register through the EventBrite link thats included in the TPG lounge post. Just make sure you’re one of the first 100 to register for the event!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees