This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you’re just tuning in, we’re launching the inaugural TPG Awards in December, and we’re also continuing our “10 Days of Travel” contest to reward our loyal readers for taking time to vote in the Readers’ Choice categories. We’ve already given away more than $1,000 in prizes, and all you need to do to enter is complete the secure Google poll and let us know which credit cards, airlines and hotel programs are worthy of an honor. You’ll then be automatically added to the list to win today’s prize and all future prizes. The earlier you enter, the more you could win.
Yesterday’s giveaway saw one lucky voter take home 50,000 Marriott points, a haul worth $450 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. That’s even nearly enough for a free night at a suites-only property like the St. Regis Maldives (the combined Marriott and SPG award chart has some solid value).
Using Random.org to select from the thousands of readers who voted prior to midnight, the winner was Stuart S. from North Carolina. He’s thinking these will come in handy for an upcoming wedding anniversary.
Today’s prize is one free Hilton weekend night. This reward is similar to the free night certificates offered on the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, and there are many ways to make the most of them. But will Hilton Honors get enough love to win the award for Best Hotel Loyalty program? You decide! If you vote today, you’ll have a voice in selecting who will win a TPG Award and be honored at the live ceremony, sure to be a night to remember.
Here’s a complete list of the prizes through the “10 Days of Travel” contest:
Day 1 (Oct. 23) — TPG pays the annual fee for one year on any one of your credit cards (Winner: Maggie O.)
Day 2 (Oct. 24) — $500 Southwest Airlines gift card (Winner: Hans M.)
Day 3 (Oct. 25) — $500 Delta Air Lines gift card (Winner: Tyler E.)
Day 4 (Oct. 26) — 50,000 Marriott Rewards points (Winner: Stuart S.)
Day 5 (Oct. 27) — 1 Hilton Weekend Night
Day 6 (Oct. 28) — $1,000 David Yurman gift card
Day 7 (Oct. 29) — Dinner party in NYC hosted by the TPG team for you and eight of your friends
Day 8 (Oct. 30) — One-way JetBlue Mint flight for you and a guest (or round-trip for one person)
Day 9 (Oct. 31) — Attend the TPG Awards in NYC, including tickets, hotel and economy airfare
Day 10 (Nov. 1) — GRAND PRIZE: Emirates First Class round-trip for one person (or one-way for two people)
All giveaways are subject to TPG‘s official sweepstakes rules, which can be accessed here.
If you haven’t already voted, please click here to access the poll. Note that you must sign into your Google account to ensure that each reader only votes once, but once you do, you’ll be on your way to helping select the award winners — and the chance to take home a terrific prize in the process.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees