This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you’re just tuning in, we’re launching the inaugural TPG Awards in December, and we’re also continuing our “10 Days of Travel” contest to reward our loyal readers for taking time to vote in the Readers’ Choice categories. We’ve already given away more than $1,000 in prizes, and all you need to do to enter is complete the secure Google poll and let us know which credit cards, airlines and hotel programs are worthy of an honor. You’ll then be automatically added to the list to win today’s prize and all future prizes. The earlier you enter, the more you could win.
Yesterday’s giveaway saw one lucky voter take home 50,000 Marriott points, a haul worth $450 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. That’s even nearly enough for a free night at a suites-only property like the St. Regis Maldives (the combined Marriott and SPG award chart has some solid value).
Using Random.org to select from the thousands of readers who voted prior to midnight, the winner was Stuart S. from North Carolina. He’s thinking these will come in handy for an upcoming wedding anniversary.
Today’s prize is one free Hilton weekend night. This reward is similar to the free night certificates offered on the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, and there are many ways to make the most of them. But will Hilton Honors get enough love to win the award for Best Hotel Loyalty program? You decide! If you vote today, you’ll have a voice in selecting who will win a TPG Award and be honored at the live ceremony, sure to be a night to remember.
Here’s a complete list of the prizes through the “10 Days of Travel” contest:
Day 1 (Oct. 23) — TPG pays the annual fee for one year on any one of your credit cards (Winner: Maggie O.)
Day 2 (Oct. 24) — $500 Southwest Airlines gift card (Winner: Hans M.)
Day 3 (Oct. 25) — $500 Delta Air Lines gift card (Winner: Tyler E.)
Day 4 (Oct. 26) — 50,000 Marriott Rewards points (Winner: Stuart S.)
Day 5 (Oct. 27) — 1 Hilton Weekend Night
Day 6 (Oct. 28) — $1,000 David Yurman gift card
Day 7 (Oct. 29) — Dinner party in NYC hosted by the TPG team for you and eight of your friends
Day 8 (Oct. 30) — One-way JetBlue Mint flight for you and a guest (or round-trip for one person)
Day 9 (Oct. 31) — Attend the TPG Awards in NYC, including tickets, hotel and economy airfare
Day 10 (Nov. 1) — GRAND PRIZE: Emirates First Class round-trip for one person (or one-way for two people)
All giveaways are subject to TPG‘s official sweepstakes rules, which can be accessed here.
If you haven’t already voted, please click here to access the poll. Note that you must sign into your Google account to ensure that each reader only votes once, but once you do, you’ll be on your way to helping select the award winners — and the chance to take home a terrific prize in the process.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees