Yesterday’s Winner and Day 3 of Giveaways for the TPG Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The inaugural TPG Awards is taking place on December 4, and you can take part in our “10 Days of Travel” contest in connection with the awards. In case you missed earlier posts, all you need to do to enter is vote for winners in our Readers’ Choice categories. As soon as you complete the secure Google poll, you’ll automatically be added to the list to win that day’s prize and all future prizes, culminating in an incredible giveaway on November 1: a first-class flight on Emirates!
Yesterday’s giveaway saw one lucky voter walk away with a $500 Southwest gift card. We once again used Random.org to select from the thousands of readers who voted prior to midnight, and the winner was Hans M. from Texas. He will undoubtedly get some great use from the prize, especially if he has the Southwest Companion Pass. Even if he doesn’t, the carrier also provides added value by not charging for checked bags and allowing travelers to adjust their flights without incurring change or cancellation fees, so his newfound $500 can go a long way.
Today’s prize is a $500 Delta gift card. Atlanta’s hometown carrier offers a consistent in-flight experience, and this prize can help you qualify for Delta elite status before the end of the year. But will its SkyMiles program take home the award for Best Airline Loyalty program? We’ll find out in early December, but if you vote today, you’ll have a voice in which airlines, hotel programs and credit cards will walk away with a TPG Award.
Here’s a complete list of the prizes through the “10 Days of Travel” contest:
Day 1 (Oct. 23) — TPG pays the annual fee for one year on any one of your credit cards (Winner: Maggie O.)
Day 2 (Oct. 24) — $500 Southwest Airlines gift card (Winner: Hans M.)
Day 3 (Oct. 25) — $500 Delta Air Lines gift card
Day 4 (Oct. 26) — 50,000 Marriott Rewards points (worth $450 based on TPG’s valuations)
Day 5 (Oct. 27) — 1 Hilton Weekend Night
Day 6 (Oct. 28) — $1,000 David Yurman gift card
Day 7 (Oct. 29) — Dinner party in NYC hosted by the TPG team for you and eight of your friends
Day 8 (Oct. 30) — One-way JetBlue Mint flight for you and a guest (or round-trip for one person)
Day 9 (Oct. 31) — Attend the TPG Awards in NYC, including tickets, hotel and economy airfare
Day 10 (Nov. 1) — GRAND PRIZE: Emirates First Class round-trip for one person (or one way for two people)
All giveaways are subject to TPG‘s official sweepstakes rules, which can be accessed here.
If you haven’t already voted, please click here to access the poll. Note that you must sign into your Google account to ensure that each reader only votes once, but once you do, you’ll be on your way to helping select the award winners — and may take home a terrific prize in the process.
Featured image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.