Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Getting Some Rest in the Lounge
Tom Stuker, the world’s most frequent flyer, has flown more than 20,000,000 miles on United Airlines alone — a figure I’m now even less likely to ever approach. Tom’s a flying machine, though, and naturally that means he’s come up with some pretty solid tips to help improve his travel experience — and now yours.
Tom’s latest tip has to do with elevating your layover experience. While he’s clearly hanging out at United’s Polaris Lounge in San Francisco (SFO), many of the world’s top airport lounges offer similar amenities, including quiet rooms and spots designated for taking a nap.
Some require getting your name on a waitlist, so if you’re hoping to land a semi-private hideaway to catch some zzz’s, be sure to head straight there when you arrive, so you can register and get a call when it’s snooze time.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.