Today Only: (Effectively) Buy United Miles for 1.67 Cents Each
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is currently running a flash sale to sell points with a 100% bonus, dropping the cost to just 0.5 cents per point. Meanwhile, United is running a 50% transfer bonus for transferring IHG points to United miles. Instead of transferring at a 5:1 ratio, you’ll get 3,000 United miles for every 10,000 IHG Rewards points transferred.
This opens a great sweet spot for just a few more hours: effectively buying United miles for just 1.67 cents per mile.
Here’s how to take advantage of this offer:
- Buy at least 26,000 IHG points to get the maximized 0.5 cents per point purchase rate. You need to complete your purchase by 11:59pm Eastern Time on June 15 to get 100% the bonus.
- Once your points post to your IHG Rewards account, you can transfer the IHG points to United. Call IHG Rewards at 1-888-211-987 to initiate the transfer. You’ll need to transfer points by June 30 to get the 50% bonus.
If you maximize this deal, you can buy 200,000 IHG Rewards points for $1,000 and transfer these points to United to net 60,000 United miles at an effective rate of 1.67 cents per mile.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees