This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the market for Apple product, today could be the day to act. The United MileagePlus shopping portal is running a promotion that offers 6 miles per dollar spent on purchases from Apple.com, up from the normal 1 mile per dollar. But you’ll want to act fast since the increased bonus ends today.
Given that many Apple products are on the expensive side, you could earn a boatload of miles on your purchases if you go through the United portal today.
If you went through the United portal to purchase the iPhone X, with a base model retailing for $999, you’d earn about 6,000 miles on that purchase. That’s an 8.4% return based on TPG’s valuations, which peg United miles at 1.4 apiece. You can use those miles on a United flight or for a flight one of its many Star Alliance partners such as Singapore Airlines.
Make sure to check the terms to confirm you’re purchasing an eligible item, since some products aren’t part of the bonus:
And be sure to use the right credit card to maximize your purchase. Cards like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express are good options if you want to maximize your points earning. A card with great purchase protection like the Ink Business Cash Credit Card can work too. You can also consult our guide on 6 Things to Consider When Choosing a Credit Card for Large Purchases.
Apple appears to have increased bonuses at other airline portals too, although none are as lucrative:
To earn the bonus, head over to the Apple’s page on the United shopping portal, click “shop now” and purchase your desired item.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards