3 Travel Credit Cards You Should Consider in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s time to up your travel rewards game and if you haven’t found a credit card that works for you, make that your goal in 2019. On this episode of our weekly YouTube series, To The Point, TPG‘s Senior Credit Cards Editor Sarah Silbert goes through the perks of the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Platinum Card® from American Express to show you how you can get around the world for a fraction of the cost.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube series for quick tips, tricks and answers for all things points, miles, credit cards, travel and aviation. Let us know what you want to learn more about on the next To The Point Episode in the comments.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees