This United Airlines Flight Attendant Walks on Aircraft Wings Mid-Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most of us, a flight involves strapping in a seat, getting comfortable — as much as you can anyway — and enjoying the flight with a view out of the window. One United Airlines flight attendant, however, enjoys the views from a slightly more precarious position: on the wing. Yeah you read that right, ON the wing.
Sabrina Swenson has an unusual hobby– wing walking. The United Airlines FA based in Frankfurt likes to spend some of her down time in the air enjoying the stunning views that are afforded on the wing of aircraft. While the view is undoubtedly great, this isn’t for the faint of heart. When out on the wing of the biplane, Swenson said the pilot did acrobatics, including “loops, barrel rolls and hammerheads.”
She recently spent her 50th birthday in Sequim, Washington, just outside of Seattle at Mason Wing Walking Academy. While her previous time on the wings of aircraft had her strapped to the top of the biplane wing from take off to landing, her time at Mason would allow her to transition from a seat out to the wing and back again during flight.
After spending the morning practicing her moves to get in, out and back in the aircraft, she was ready for take off.
The flight had Swenson enjoy the time in the air from two different locations, on top of the biplane and between the wings with a short break in between her excursions around the aircraft.
H/T: United Airlines
Photos via United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.