This United Airlines Flight Attendant Walks on Aircraft Wings Mid-Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most of us, a flight involves strapping in a seat, getting comfortable — as much as you can anyway — and enjoying the flight with a view out of the window. One United Airlines flight attendant, however, enjoys the views from a slightly more precarious position: on the wing. Yeah you read that right, ON the wing.
Sabrina Swenson has an unusual hobby– wing walking. The United Airlines FA based in Frankfurt likes to spend some of her down time in the air enjoying the stunning views that are afforded on the wing of aircraft. While the view is undoubtedly great, this isn’t for the faint of heart. When out on the wing of the biplane, Swenson said the pilot did acrobatics, including “loops, barrel rolls and hammerheads.”
She recently spent her 50th birthday in Sequim, Washington, just outside of Seattle at Mason Wing Walking Academy. While her previous time on the wings of aircraft had her strapped to the top of the biplane wing from take off to landing, her time at Mason would allow her to transition from a seat out to the wing and back again during flight.
After spending the morning practicing her moves to get in, out and back in the aircraft, she was ready for take off.
The flight had Swenson enjoy the time in the air from two different locations, on top of the biplane and between the wings with a short break in between her excursions around the aircraft.
H/T: United Airlines
Photos via United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees