This Summer You May be Able to Text Delta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No more hold music — or, less of it anyway — if you’re trying to reach Delta.
The airline is testing a live customer-service messaging feature with some iOS users starting this summer. As the airline gets more feedback (and assuming the test phase goes well), everyone with an iPhone should be able to text Delta’s customer service team by this fall.
“This is about connecting with our customers where they are – and many have told us that they’d rather message with us than engage on other channels like the phone, email or social media,” said Tori Forbes-Roberts, Delta’s vice president of reservation sales and customer care. “Messaging is fast, it’s easy and it empowers our customers to connect with us on their terms.”
In a press release, Delta said customers have responded well to a similar messaging option already available on its website. The airline expects to speed customer service response times across all platforms and channels as more customers are able to take advantage of instant messaging. Delta’s system will use a virtual assistant to provide answers to basic questions, but will route customers to a live representative for more involved discussions.
Users will be able to start their first iMessage conversation with Delta via a link in a summer travel tips email or a “need help” button in their Fly Delta app. Once the conversation is initiated, future inquiries can go through iMessage directly.
Prepare for that Muzak to be replaced by your favorite podcast and three gray dots.
Featured photo by Patrick T. Fallon/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.