This Summer You May be Able to Text Delta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No more hold music — or, less of it anyway — if you’re trying to reach Delta.
The airline is testing a live customer-service messaging feature with some iOS users starting this summer. As the airline gets more feedback (and assuming the test phase goes well), everyone with an iPhone should be able to text Delta’s customer service team by this fall.
“This is about connecting with our customers where they are – and many have told us that they’d rather message with us than engage on other channels like the phone, email or social media,” said Tori Forbes-Roberts, Delta’s vice president of reservation sales and customer care. “Messaging is fast, it’s easy and it empowers our customers to connect with us on their terms.”
In a press release, Delta said customers have responded well to a similar messaging option already available on its website. The airline expects to speed customer service response times across all platforms and channels as more customers are able to take advantage of instant messaging. Delta’s system will use a virtual assistant to provide answers to basic questions, but will route customers to a live representative for more involved discussions.
Users will be able to start their first iMessage conversation with Delta via a link in a summer travel tips email or a “need help” button in their Fly Delta app. Once the conversation is initiated, future inquiries can go through iMessage directly.
Prepare for that Muzak to be replaced by your favorite podcast and three gray dots.
Featured photo by Patrick T. Fallon/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees