This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With this bag, there’s almost no need for the x-ray scan at the airport’s security checkpoint.
Luggage company Rimowa has collaborated with Virgil Abloh, artistic director of Louis Vuitton menswear and CEO of Off-White, to create a completely transparent roll-aboard suitcase.
The suitcase won’t be cheap, considering the respected quality of Rimowa’s other luggage in combination with the name and style of Off-White, so TPG dug into the pros and cons of purchasing the luggage yourself once it hits the market on June 25.
The most appealing factor of the suitcase is it’s aesthetic potential, which could make for a fun Instagram post. Your luggage has the ability to reflect your exact travel vibes, like a physical mood board. A trip to NYC in the winter might reveal neutral and gray tones, some cool boots and a jacket, while a summer vacation could put your sunscreen and swimsuits on display for all of MIA. Traveling with the Rimowa x Off-White luggage says “I have confidence, and I think all of my belongings are art,” which is admirable.
Oh, and your suitcase will be laughably easy to spot at baggage claim.
On the brutally realistic side, it’s not necessarily guaranteed that your artistic vision will translate to the presentation of the luggage; it might just end up looking like a disheveled pile of clothes and shoes stuffed to the suitcase’s brim.
Most importantly, you’d inevitably be giving up an ample amount of privacy.
If you do end up purchasing the luggage, we have one TPG pro-tip for you: keep your underwear somewhere in the middle.
Featured image by izusek / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees