This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With this bag, there’s almost no need for the x-ray scan at the airport’s security checkpoint.
Luggage company Rimowa has collaborated with Virgil Abloh, artistic director of Louis Vuitton menswear and CEO of Off-White, to create a completely transparent roll-aboard suitcase.
The suitcase won’t be cheap, considering the respected quality of Rimowa’s other luggage in combination with the name and style of Off-White, so TPG dug into the pros and cons of purchasing the luggage yourself once it hits the market on June 25.
The most appealing factor of the suitcase is it’s aesthetic potential, which could make for a fun Instagram post. Your luggage has the ability to reflect your exact travel vibes, like a physical mood board. A trip to NYC in the winter might reveal neutral and gray tones, some cool boots and a jacket, while a summer vacation could put your sunscreen and swimsuits on display for all of MIA. Traveling with the Rimowa x Off-White luggage says “I have confidence, and I think all of my belongings are art,” which is admirable.
Oh, and your suitcase will be laughably easy to spot at baggage claim.
On the brutally realistic side, it’s not necessarily guaranteed that your artistic vision will translate to the presentation of the luggage; it might just end up looking like a disheveled pile of clothes and shoes stuffed to the suitcase’s brim.
Most importantly, you’d inevitably be giving up an ample amount of privacy.
If you do end up purchasing the luggage, we have one TPG pro-tip for you: keep your underwear somewhere in the middle.
Featured image by izusek / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards