This New Carry-On Bag Leaves Nothing to the Imagination
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With this bag, there’s almost no need for the x-ray scan at the airport’s security checkpoint.
Luggage company Rimowa has collaborated with Virgil Abloh, artistic director of Louis Vuitton menswear and CEO of Off-White, to create a completely transparent roll-aboard suitcase.
The suitcase won’t be cheap, considering the respected quality of Rimowa’s other luggage in combination with the name and style of Off-White, so TPG dug into the pros and cons of purchasing the luggage yourself once it hits the market on June 25.
The most appealing factor of the suitcase is it’s aesthetic potential, which could make for a fun Instagram post. Your luggage has the ability to reflect your exact travel vibes, like a physical mood board. A trip to NYC in the winter might reveal neutral and gray tones, some cool boots and a jacket, while a summer vacation could put your sunscreen and swimsuits on display for all of MIA. Traveling with the Rimowa x Off-White luggage says “I have confidence, and I think all of my belongings are art,” which is admirable.
Oh, and your suitcase will be laughably easy to spot at baggage claim.
On the brutally realistic side, it’s not necessarily guaranteed that your artistic vision will translate to the presentation of the luggage; it might just end up looking like a disheveled pile of clothes and shoes stuffed to the suitcase’s brim.
Most importantly, you’d inevitably be giving up an ample amount of privacy.
If you do end up purchasing the luggage, we have one TPG pro-tip for you: keep your underwear somewhere in the middle.
Featured image by izusek / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.